Girls with a makeup obsession advise you on your next beauty purchase

Friday, July 11, 2008

Kate to the Rescue

Let me start this post by saying I have a 6 month (wow, almost 7 month) old son, James. Now, I was one of those crazy pregnant women who researched everything you should/should not use/do, etc. while you are pregnant. My personality by definition could always be termed "a worrier." Now, multiply that by 1000, and you get pregnant Laura's worrying capabilities. My major hangup was being careful regarding the chemicals in my skincare/makeup. Don't ask me why. It wasn't like I didn't already have enough to worry about. The below link discusses common chemicals in skincare and their use during pregnancy. Doctors do contend that many of the chemicals I was determined to avoid are only dangerous if used orally, not topically. So my crusade to avoid them topically was a bit crazy, I do admit.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_safe-skin-care-during-pregnancy_1490031.bc

The point is, I neglected my facial skin. Now, I am lucky and can count the number of breakouts I have had in my life on one hand. And by breakouts, we're talking a pimple or two, not really a real breakout. I have always had drier skin and my problem has always been trying to keep my skin from drying out and being dull. As a result, it was pretty easy to avoid skincare with salycilic acid and retinoids in it. However, by avoiding good quality skin care my skin was blah city. It was dull, dry and just really disappointing to me. I let it go for a few months after my son was born, because frankly, you have other things to worry about. But I was tired of looking tired. Sure, I'm tired, but I don't have to look that way. I wanted to feel good about myself again.

Enter Alexis. She had always been telling me about skincare products by Kate Somerville. I listened, and was interested, but just never got around to it. Well by March I was literally sick of my face, and needed a whole new skincare regimen. So I went crazy, in a good way this time. I ordered the enzyme scrub and mask, quench hydrating serum, line release under eye repair and the goat milk cream. http://www.katesomerville.com/
I am really jonesing for the clarisonic brush.

Voila!! This stuff is seriously amazing. One week of use repaired 12 months of neglect. My skin is supple and better than ever. Good skincare makes makeup look even better, bottom line.

No comments: