Girls with a makeup obsession advise you on your next beauty purchase

Friday, July 11, 2008

Summertime and the Living is Easy

During the summer, I like to have a simplified life. I use less makeup and like products that have a dual use. I travel to California every July, and packing for the trip is always difficult. Even when I make an effort to pack less, I still bring too much. But this year I am turning over a new leaf. I will be traveling with a baby in tow, on his first plane trip. And I am NOT going to bring too much, I want to make my trip as simplified as possible.

My favorite moisturizer currently is Kate Somerville's goat milk cream. It is amazing and I don't want to give it up, but it has no sun protection in it. I have to use spf in the summertime, and even in the wintertime. In the winter I usually put a light sunscreen on by mixing it with my lotion. Or I will put a tinted moisturizer with spf in it on top of my normal moisturizer. Yes, I know what you are thinking: man, this girl is pale and really does have dry skin. It's true.

In the summer though, I don't want all these steps, and all these products. I went into a local baby boutique recently and they had a display of natural and organic baby suncare by California Baby. I purchased the Everyday/Year Round SPF 18 Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion (in a convenient pump) and the SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion in a tube. I bought it for my son, thinking he has my sensitive skin and he currently breaks out if we put any sunscreen on him, even baby brands. Well, this stuff is great. He doesn't react to it at all and it has a nice, light texture and a pleasant smell. So I thought, hey, maybe I should try it. I have found that I can use just the spf 18 moisturizing lotion, and not even my normal lotion on top of it. It is so moisturizing I feel like I only need this one product. It is so much faster to get ready in the morning, and I feel like I don't have to pile on tons of products before I even get to applying makeup. I highly recommend it!! www.californiababy.com

No comments: