Girls with a makeup obsession advise you on your next beauty purchase

Monday, July 21, 2008

Lip Product Woes

I have a drawer in my nightstand that is completely filled with lip glosses, lipsticks, and lip palettes. It is embarrassing how many different lip products I have. However, despite the massive quanitites of money I have invested, I have only ever found two lip products that I truly love. I don't know why I have so much trouble landing on a color/texture combination that I love. The first product that I love is Chanel Glossimer in Barely Fig. I bought it in 2004 and have been using the same tube ever since. It is almost empty, which makes me sad because although I can't bring myself to check, I suspect that Chanel no longer makes it. It looks really dark in the tube but is a gorgeous color and isn't thick or gloopy at all. The second product is Fresh Gloss Absolute in Dahlia, which Laura gave me for Christmas last year. It is the perfect color and texture, and now that I have been introduced to it I don't think I can ever live without it.

I have tried buying lipstick in lieu of lip gloss, but I just can't pull it off. I think maybe when I turn 30 (next year, gah!) I will give lipstick another try. Until then, I will stick to my trusty old favorites and hope that I can stretch my Glossimer out until next June.

No comments: