Girls with a makeup obsession advise you on your next beauty purchase

Monday, July 14, 2008

Liquid Liner

I really want to love liquid liner. I love the way it looks on other people -- so crisp and elegant. I love the 1950s cat-eye effect (think Sophia Loren, not Amy Winehouse!) and would kill to be able to pull that off. But when I try to apply it on my own eyes, it inevitably looks like I let a 4-year-old play connect the dots on my upper eyelids. I bought YSL liquid liner (in two colors!) this year because Laura had such good luck with it, and I was hopeful the small brush would be the answer to my liquid liner prayers. But alas, I had no better luck with the YSL than the liquid liners of my past. If anyone has some good advice on applying liquid liner (ahem, Laura!) I would greatly appreciate it. For now, it sits in the bottom of my makeup case, unused and unloved.

No comments: